Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Strong Suggestion

I am so proud of all your ladies for getting up so early this morning to get your workout done for the day.  What a great feeling to walk out of the gym at 6 or 7am and be done.  That being said, it's certainly not to discredit the work the 6pm ladies will do.  I will give you all just as much praise for showing up.  It's just hard work getting up in the morning! 

Here's my strong suggestion: along with the wonderful exercise you're getting please start food journaling daily, watch eating late at night and/or be aware of what you are putting in your mouth.  There's a dietitian coming next Wednesday (9/14) to FIT at 6pm that will talk about food and even give some clean eating meal plans out.  I highly encourage you to attend if you are not currently on a "nutrition plan"  Heck, even bring a friend!  It's open to everyone. 

80-90% of weight gain and weight loss is based upon nutrition and what we are feeding our bodies day in and day out year after year.  It's not about one month or even six months of good eating, it's about a lifetime of it.  I know that sounds overwhelming but more than anything I want us to be on a journey to figuring out how we can optimize our nutrition and daily eating to a system that we can live with forever.  Notice: there is not exclusions.  I do not believe you should ever completely cut anything out of your diet.  Have the fun things that you want....just have them once in awhile...not everyday.  Also, let's realize this is a life long journey.  It may not be something we ever "master."  Just as long as we're always working towards it.  I've been at this for over a decade and am still working on tweaking, learning new things and improving.  It's a work in progress...that's for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment