Friday, April 13, 2012

Need a Little Motivation This Week

Hey, girls,

I wanted to send a shout out for Mandy's words on the Beck Diet Solution book. I started this book in January and worked my way through each of the activities/assignments, and, I have to say, in total honesty, it has truly changed my mindset and approach to eating and fitness.

It breaks down the cognitive thinking process we have about food and fitness, It truly teaches you to "think like a thin person". I have learned to use my "resistance" muscles and strengthen them every day. I now realize that one bad meal/day/week is NOT going to "ruin" all of my efforts. I simply get back on track RIGHT away and put yesterday behind me.

I never thought one "diet" book could literally change my life relationship with food, eating and exercise, but it really, really has! Not sure how or why this is so life changing for me, maybe its age, maturity, my life journey, my attitude, or something else, but guess what?? I'll take it!!!

So, a few words of encouragement directly from the "Beck Diet.Solution"....

"Focus on what you can do today. If you think, “I can’t keep this up for a month, a year, or longer” remind yourself, “Forget the long term. I know I can continue to do what I need to do today. If it’s hard tomorrow I’ll deal with it then.” Besides – a year from now you’ll have a year’s worth of more practice under your belt."





No comments:

Post a Comment